iMADdu embraces technology utilizes to give students the experience they so desire and need. Personally, I more than approve of the use of technology here at iMADdu, however this entails a lot of time at the computer. However, when I am concentrating on work on the computer, I completely ignore my posture. This directly affects my posture off the computer, back pains, and muscle tension. But there are ways to avoid these problems! For those who are like myself, hopefully some of these tips will help!
- Do not slouch over your keyboard, but don’t sit up so forcefully that there is an arch in your back – both of these postures create back pain
- Ensure that your eyes are level with your computer screen for optimal positioning
- Keep both feet on the floor
- Make sure to look away from the computer screen every so often to rest ur eyes and for you to reposition/recheck your posture
- Stretch your arms out once every hours or two
- Get up out of your seat a few times during the day
- Invest in a back support for your chair